The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) will be administered to students in Grade 2 on November 2, 3 and 4. The CogAT is a nationally standardized aptitude test which provides an estimate of the likelihood of a student’s success in certain academic areas. The CogAT is an untimed test, but should take approximately 40 minutes per day to administer.
The Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS) is a nationally standardized test which measures students’ performance in reading and mathematics. The ITBS will be administered to Grace students in Grades 2-8 March 4-11. The ITBS is an untimed test, but should take approximately one hour per day.
- Please see that your child gets rest on the nights before these tests.
- Please make sure that your child eats a nourishing breakfast each day.
- Make every effort to have your child in school and on time except in case of illness.
- Please see that your child brings at least two #2 pencils to school. Pencils are required for marking test answer documents.
- Encourage your child to listen attentively to the test administrator’s directions.
- Encourage your child to read each test question and each response carefully before selecting an answer.
- Do encourage your child to stay calm, if there are questions that seem difficult. (Encourage your child to choose his/her best answer).
- Provide positive feedback by praising your child for what he/she does well.